This is a moderated forum
• This is a moderated forum dedicated to Lanwar, it’s community and the nature of gaming. There a few rules you are expected to follow if you want to post here. The following rules will help you understand how the forums operate, and what’s permitted and what’s not allowed. If you take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with these rules, you will get the most value out of the discussions.
• Individuals who violate these rules may be banned from this forum or other Lanwar, Inc. sites and events.
• We reserve the right to suspend, restrict, or ban your access to all or any part of these forums. If you violate any of these rules, a moderator will remove the offending message or your account. You may or may not receive a notice letting you know why the message was removed.
• We don’t want our users to feel inhibited from expressing their opinions. We instruct our moderators to use their best judgment when deciding whether or not to lock or delete a post. While the moderators are here to enforce the rules and promote the enjoyment of this site for all users, they must use their discretion to uphold the spirit of these rules.
• Your signature must be less than 5 lines of text.
• Images included in your signature must be a maximum of 60h x 600w and no more than 40K in size.
• To keep the total signature height small, you cannot include both an image and regular text in your signature.
• Images and signatures must follow all other forum rules.
• Two places to host your signature images for free are: http://upload.serverseed.com or http://s88064506.onlinehome.us/upload.php
• It is your responsibility to maintain a current, valid e-mail address in your account so that we may contact you in the event of a violation.
• If you impersonate another person you will be warned or banned. This includes use of another clan’s tags.
Intelligent Posting / Staying On Topic
• Please make an attempt at intelligent posts which have a point. If a post appears to be lacking intelligence, we will consult a member of mensa for a final ruling.
• Do not post topics which have already been discussed numerous times.
• While we encourage a wide range of opinions, keep your posts on the topic. Each forum is different, so what may be appropriate in one forum may not be appropriate in another. Topics posted to the wrong forum may be moved.
• Questions should be answered in the forums and not answered by email. This will allow everyone to benefit from the replies.
• This site and it’s community are spam-free. Promotional messages are not permitted. If you want people to come to your website or buy your product, find another way. Advertisements, promotions, pyramid schemes, solicitations, chain letters, or repeated bumping of old topics for no reason, plugging your site, and any posts that are designed to damage or inhibit the operation of this site or the enjoyment of its posters are prohibited.
• If you mention products or services provided by companies or organizations you must disclose any affiliation with the company in the content of the message.
• If you represent a company or organization and would like to advertise on Lanwar.com, contact marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abuse of others / Flamming
• We expect you to contribute positively to a conversation. People with a wide range of age, nationality, and educational level visit this site. Individuals are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect. If you disagree with someone, no problem, explain your point of view, have an open discussion. While heated debates are welcome, do not post any harassing, hateful, unlawful, threatening, harmful, abusive, defamatory, obscene, profane, vulgar, sexually oriented, sexually suggestive, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material or links to said material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violates any applicable local, state, national or international law. Also individuals who bait members or moderators may be banned without notice.
• Vulgarity can be defined as anything a normal individual would find offensive. Keep in mind that tolerances may vary slightly from moderator to moderator. If you are unsure, only use words spoken on network TV.
Got a problem?
If you have a problem relating to this forum, you can contact any of the moderators. If you have a problem with a moderator, please contact email@example.com.
Don’t argue with moderators
Do not argue with the enforcement of the above commandments. If any moderator tells you to comply with one of these rules, you must comply.
Don’t Be Afraid
Don’t be afraid to jump into a discussion or ask questions if you need help. Our community is very supportive and understanding of the different levels of technical expertise. If you want, just lurk until you feel more comfortable enough to join in.
Help and Be Helped
If you stumble across a newbie having trouble with technical stuff you’ve mastered, share your knowledge and help ‘em out. Someone’s probably helped you like this in the past and this is your chance to give back like a good citizen! If you think you are smarter than everyone else and were born that way, stop by www.needmorewisdom.com.
Keep Personal Information Personal
• Never post your or anyone else’s personal information (phone number, email address, mailing address, etc.), and never ask others for their personal info. Posts requesting personal info will be removed. This includes, but is not limited to, communications that ask for personal information submitted via email, mail, telephone, surveys, etc.
• Links to your e-mail address will be redirected through our e-mail system, this way your privacy remains intact. However, you should always exercise judgment when revealing personal information about yourself when you post messages in public forums.
No Forum Clogging
Don’t waste our bandwidth by posting junk, or posting the same message repeatedly.
Own It To Post It
• It is illegal to post any content that is copyrighted or trademarked, unless you hold the copyright or trademark. Any material protected by copyright may not be posted in the message boards without the expressed permission of the author or owner of the copyright on that material. This includes reproducing the full text of news stories, articles, etc. It is acceptable to provide a link to copyrighted material, to post brief excerpts, or to paraphrase other works, though we do strongly encourage you to cite the original source whenever possible.
Before posting a new topic, please do a search to see if there is others on the same subject. Having multiple threads about the same subject makes the forums cluttered, difficult to navigate, and harder to find the information you're looking for. Instead of starting a new topic, simply reply to the topic that has already been created.
The use of coding is not allowed within posts. Posts with code included are subject to removal. Official Forum Code is allowed of course.
Piracy or Unlawful Activities
This community forum is a place for ideas and constructive participation, and not a place to violate any laws or to discuss illegal activities. This type of activity includes, but is not limited to, advocating or asking for information regarding software piracy or unauthorized emulators of software or hardware, sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, "cracks," or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer hardware, software, networks, or any other systems. Please refrain from posting this kind of message.
The only type of linking (besides porn and spam, of course) that will not be allowed on our site is when members solicit people to leave our site and join a competing service. That's just common sense. We won't allow people to use our site to promote a competing service any more than a brick-and-mortar store would allow his competitor to paste flyers all over his walls. However, people are always welcome to link to any online resource, whether it's on our site or any other site, in order to share useful information with fellow members.
Managing User Content
Members of these forums are solely responsible for all content that they post on our site. We shall have the right, but not the obligation, to correct any errors or omissions in any Content, as it may determine in its sole discretion. We further reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to delete or remove any user content from the site and to deny the access of any member to all part of this site, at any time for any reason without prior notice or liability.
Private messages are to be kept private. Posting the contents of a private message in the forum threads is not allowed since it defeats the purpose of this feature. However, if you do receive a PM from another member and feel its contents are of a harrassing or threatening nature, report it to a Moderator immediately.
Don’t revieve old topics with stupid posts
Restarting a conversation thats been dead for 2 months with a 'yes, I totally agree' or something similar to the sort only promotes post-slutting and general forum clutter. Save yourself from pissing off the moderators.
Golden Rule: Treat others the way you wish to be treated.
No spamming other sites on our behalf
Members please do not troll or spam other forums to promote the network (Lanwar or MillionManLan) - it gives this site a bad reputation.
The opinions expressed in the message boards are not necessarily (and in some cases not at all) those of Lanwar, Inc. Lanwar is not responsible for any materials provided by users which are deemed harmful or offensive to others. Lanwar is not responsible in any way for any injury, loss, or damage which occurs as a result of an opinion expressed or information provided in these sections of the site. Lanwar is not responsible for the content of any sites linked to an Lanwar, Inc. site.
Any user who finds material posted by another user objectionable is encouraged to contact us via e-mail. We are authorized by you to remove or modify any data submitted by you to these forums for any reason we feel constitutes a violation of our policies, whether stated, implied or not.
This site may contain links to other web sites and files. We have no control over the content and can not ensure it will not be offensive or objectionable. We will, however, remove links to material that we feel is inappropriate as we become aware of them.
Posters must be 18 years of (mental) age. Or mature enough to leave mature messages.
You are solely responsible for any content you post on the forum;